The name « Hit The Bass » playing much in the Greek house scene and behind this mask is a 26 year old Athenian. Situated in the interrogation lamp « ASKTONDJ », answered key questions about the sound of the need to see the people around them happy, the hitherto career and future releases. strong> p>
– Could you tell us a little about yourself? When did you get involved with music, kind of your music and its characteristics, reason / motive that made you follow the dj road and your first steps until you get here?
First of all thank you for hosting your site. My name is Dimitris Manololatos, I am 26 years old and live in Athens. With music I became involved at age 16 where I was trying to do nonstop mixes. Then he won with production music as I felt the need to create my own piece. The kind who won the Progressive House, the Progressive Trance and Nu Disco (Big Fan Of 80s-90s). Since 2010 professionally deal with producing music having releases from domestic record as: Sugar Faktory, My Group & Warner Music. Recently started teaching and music production courses at Grey Studios!
– What is the secret of success in your opinion an ambitious dj / producer other than talent; strong>
Production music is a very demanding sector. As very rightly said talent is not the only secret of success. In this area needs constant practice, to seek new sounds and to be as original as possible.
– What you consider your most important moment as a DJ; strong>
As a dj I had the honor to open the Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman in MAZE. It was a very beautiful moment for me and I hope to be others. But as a producer I managed to enlist second between 1826 remixes in the competition of Protocol Recordings, of Nicky Romero, for the song of Tritonal, Paris Blohm & Sterling Fox, «Colors». The following year another 2nd place in the competition of Arno Cost & Norman Doray, singing «Rising Love».
– Who is your next task; strong>
My next goal is to be able to circulate a part of me from a proven record company of my exterior thus giving the opportunity to sound a larger audience.
– How do you explain the fact that more and more people (especially young) wants to deal with the profession of DJ; strong>
It is in the human DNA fun. We all have a pulse you want to convey to those around us. I think most start for this reason. Why do they want to make those around them happy and see them having fun. I want to see the “romantic” side of this work.
– Something unexpected has happened to you at work; strong>
I would not say that it has happened to me some abruptness. Thank God I am one of the lucky …
– What DJs / producers stand out from Greece and whom from abroad; strong>
I will only respond to what producers a single and this is my field. Before we move on I would like to say that our country has a very talented children who have the desire and the will to succeed in music and it is good to give them the opportunity to be heard in public. In my own opinion, work speaks louder than fame. From Greece distinguish them HouseTwins, Gioni, Terry Da Libra, Alex Leon, Atik, Kozah, Aero Chord, NIKO & Dallux. As reference abroad I can say more than 20 names, but I will stand at Above & Beyond, Armin Van Buuren, Madeon, Porter Robinson, Deniz Koyu, Dannic, KSHMR & Tom Staar.
– To what clubs playing this season and where we can find you online; strong> b>
Currently I am not playing music to any place, i am working on my new releases.
Online you can find me at the following links: